About the Financial Aid
(1) This scheme is open to outstanding local and international postgraduate students enrolled in Doctorate programmes at the University of Malaya.
(2) This financial aid covers tuition fee and stipend to the recipients.
(3) This financial aid will be awarded for a maximum duration of 5 semesters/ within GOT period.
(1) Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of at least 3.00/4.00.
(2) Must NOT be sponsored by or receiving salary from any Federal/State/Statutory Bodies or any other organization.
(3) International candidate must obtained a minimum English requirement of IELTS Band 6.0 or TOEFL 550 (paper based) / 213 (computer based) / 80 (internet based). The validity of the IELTS/TOEFL is within 2 years from the date of the examination.
(4) Applicant must have enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Malaya and completed at least the FIRST semester of study.
(5) Must be free from any debt with the University of Malaya.
(1) Applicant must complete the application form and follow the submission instruction stated on the application form.
(2) Submit ONE copy of the original form together with all relevant certified supporting documents to:
Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP)
Level 7, Research Management & Innovation Complex
University of Malaya
50603 Kuala Lumpur
(Attn: Dr Tan Hsiao Wei; Contact No.: 03-7967 4525/4697/4698)
(3) Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview or pitching session.
(4) Decision made by the Panels of Interview on the selection of candidates is final.
(5) Deadline of submission: 17 June 2019
Candidates will also be assessed based on:
(1) Interest and commitment in research
(2) Quality of PhD research
(3) Commitment to support UM via contribution in the field of research
(4) Additional knowledge and skills (for example : knowledge in IT)
(5) Communication and writing skills (in seminars and essays)
(6) Feedback from supervisor
(7) Excellent Personal Traits : attitude, discipline, communication skills, motivation, proactive,
teamwork and other positive traits