Vision Missions Research Objectives Research Strategy
In line with its mission and vision as a premier research university, the University must encourage and develop a strong research culture based on the following strategies
- The University must be committed to continuously improve its basic infrastructure and amenities for research.
- The University should recruit lecturers with a good research track record.
- The University should grant academic staff leaves of absence to undertake research overseas.
- The University should encourage research by providing sufficient and competent support staff.
- The University should devise an appropriate reward system to encourage excellence in research.
- University staffs are strongly encouraged to spend their sabbatical leave abroad.
- University staffs are encouraged to participate in group research towards achieving excellence and to disseminate their research findings internationally.
- The University should, in consultation with the Academy/Faculty/ Institute/Centre, identify their research strengths and capitalize upon them to develop centres of excellence.
- The University should attract researchers of high standing including foreign researchers to undertake research in the University.
- The University should appoint external assessors to evaluate the performance and output of research programmes.