Impact Oriented Interdisciplinary Research Grant Programme (IIRG)
UM Living Lab Grant Program (UM LLGP)
Universities are playing an increasingly central role in advancing sustainability at the local, regional and national scale through cross-sector collaborations. Accompanying the launch of Future Earth, interest is mounting in the co-design and co-production of knowledge and solutions for advancing global sustainability, particularly in urban areas. One of the strategies that are gaining momentum worldwide is the ideas of converting university campuses as Living Labs.
The Living Lab approach is growing worldwide, and is being adopted by a number of leading universities around the world such as MIT, ETH Zurich, Harvard, Tokyo, National University of Singapore, and Nanyang Technological University. It is therefore timely for UM to be more proactive in this area as well. Thus, we would like to invite UM researchers from all disciplines to submit research proposals for the UM Living Lab Grant Programme (UM LLGP) 2016. UM Living Lab Grant Programme focuses on translational and collaborative researches that aspire to tackle and solve sustainability issues specifically within campus and the community at large. The proposal should try to integrate the three pillars of sustainability, namely, People, Planet & Profit (3Ps).
- This grant is open only to the academic staff of the University of Malaya.
- Both contract and permanent academic staffs are eligible (for contract staff: at least with 1 year contract AND one permanent academic staff as co-researcher).
Program Duration & Funding:
- We anticipate a budget of up to RM 100,000 for each UM LLGP project yearly.
- The maximum duration allowed is 1 year.
Every project is expected to deliver the following as their Key Performance Indicators:
- Project targets – tangible and measurable indicator such as percentage of reduction, savings etc.
- Capacity building – such as seminar, demonstration, training
- Innovation / technology / knowledge transfer – prototype, development of a system
- Community engagement
- Network and Linkages
- Publication – such as journal paper, books, guideline, policy paper, standards etc.
Last Update: 23/09/2021